- Your initial meet. How did it happen?
I first got to know Sachie when he helped me with my application to medical school. I had never met him but we added each other on facebook. When he decided to move to England from Scotland, we stated talking to each other and the rest is history.
- Who made the first move? How?
He did. He asked me on a lunch date about 7 years ago and here we are now…
- What was your first impression about your spouse?
Very reserved and a man of very few words.
- In what ways are you most alike?
We are both doctors, so the little time we have together is very precious. We love spending that time traveling the world, exploring different cities, cultures and the food.
- What's your most memorable date?
It has to be our wedding day. People say it’s the happiest day of your life but that that is an understatement. I just remember having the biggest grin on my face the whole night. I wish we could do it all over again.
- Three Things You Love and Hate About Your Partner.
Love- that he puts up with tantrum and mood swings, his smile, his dress sense
Hate – His snoring, snoring and snoring
- How did the proposal happen?
Proposal happened on a completely random day. I kind of had an inkling that it was going to happen after finding pictures of rings on my mum’s phone.
We travelled to Paris a few weeks before and I thought it was going to happen either at the Eiffel tower or Disneyland, but it didn’t. A few weeks later we had driven to see my brother and, on the way, back he decided to take a de tour. I wasn’t allowed to ask where we were going and ended up in Peak District. He made me climb all the way to a top of a hill and as I turned around there he was down on one knee asking me to marry him <3
- If the proposal was a surprise, on a scale of 10 how well did it go?
100% was a surprise. 10/10. It was so personal with no one else around and just the two of us overlooking the beautiful landscapes.
- What are you most looking forward to as Mr. and Mrs.?
Already married for 3 years and it is safe to say that is it going pretty well
- Most memorable moment from your wedding?
- If you could describe your wedding day using one word, what would it be?
- What's been the most fun detail of your wedding to plan?
All the dances (first dance, retinue and the dance with dad)
- What's Been The Most Difficult Detail Of Your Wedding To Agree Upon?
Probably the number of guests. He wanted a very small wedding but my parents knew too many people. Somehow ended up close to 500 guests.
- Where did you go for your honeymoon?
We went to Venice and Rome on our honeymoon. It was just magical!
- What is our idea of, “and they lived happily ever after”?
Travelling the world together.
- What has surprised you the most during the first few weeks/months of being married?
cant think of any
- Who’s good at forgetting and better at forgiving?
I'm good at forgetting and he, therefore, I am better at Forgiving
Photographer Danoosh de Costa and Amarante Life style Studio
Event Planner / Stylist – Kairos
Invitation Design Elegance by Design
Placecards Eligence by Design
Ceremony Venue Hilton grand ballroom
Reception Venue Hilton Grand ballroom
Engagement ring Veera wang
Bride’s Wedding Band – Neil Love
Groom’s Wedding Band Vogue
Transport family car
Groom Prep Location Hilton
Bridal Gown Pronovias
Bridal Boutique Laura Day, UK
Shoes Jimmy Choo