● Your initial meet. How did it happen?
On top of a mountain!!!!
We were heading our way to the hill country for a hike with one of our mutual groups and towards the latter part of the hike we got our self-introduced with each other.
● Who made the first move? How?
My husband. After meeting on the hike we managed to be in touch as friends and went on few hikes and campings together and we often traveled together to work. During one of those days, he told me that he likes me.
● What Was Your First Impression About Your Spouse?
When we were hiking he was with one of his fancy equipment ready to be launched. What I thought was ummm.. our group has a boy who has some tech knowledge with him.
● In what ways are you most alike?
Trying out new things in life, being adventurous and where we are able to stick to both of our lives’ tagline ‘#beyondthenorm’.
● What's your most memorable date? Why?
Our first Date at Movenpick hotel.
I am generally a curious person. When we both knew today is our first date I was so curious about where he was taking me and I was starting to guess different places. But he never gave a hint until the last moment as he took me to all main hotels drive by entrances as a prank before ending up on the final location.
● Three things you love and hate about your partner.
Love the way he takes every step to give me epic surprises
Love the way he will be the sweetest guy to me even when I’m rude to him
Love the way he takes care of me in every situation, be good and the bad
Hate the way he will be on the phone every time
Hate the way he doesn’t want to be spontaneous in some sneaky plans
Hate the way when he doesn’t buy himself anything when I end up buying loads of stuff for myself.
● How did the proposal happen?
Proposal was on the anniversary of the day we met for the first time. He randomly took me to dinner which had a very romantic ambiance to it. And spontaneously flicks a ring right in front of me asking ‘will u marry me'
● If the proposal was a surprise, on a scale of 10 how well did it go?
Never expected a ring would show up even though my sixth senses said something will happen on this anniversary date. Therefore I give a 10!
● What are you most looking forward to as Mr. and Mrs.?
Lots of adventure, traveling and crazy stuff to do together in the coming years.
● Most memorable moment from your wedding?
His Speech and the first time he seeing me as his bride seated on the throne while the background music was an acoustic version of Ed sheeran’s song 'Perfect'.
● If you could describe your wedding day using one word, what would it be?
● What's been the most fun detail of your wedding to plan?
The most fun detail was allocating a lot of subtle hints of our interests in our decors as to how we met and what we like the most.
● What's been the most difficult detail of your wedding to agree upon?
The card as he recommended floral design on the top and bottom to which I didn’t want any floral. However, I must agree once we added the floral to the card it ended up nice.
● Where are you going for your honeymoon?
Thailand. I really loved the island life there.
● What is your idea of, “And they lived happily ever after"?
To be living with each other by accepting each other’s flaws and imperfectness and making life perfect together. Also stick with each other & defend each other no matter what situation you are in.
● What has surprised you the most during the first few Weeks/Months of being married?
Actually nothing. We have being the same before and after wedding and will continuously be the same.
● Who’s good at forgetting and better at forgiving?
Photographer : Ashane Bernard Portraiture
Florist : Frances Decor
Invitation Design : Digital Cube
Ceremony Venue : Eagles Lakeside Attidiya
Reception Venue : Eagles Lakeside Attidiya
Signage : Frances Decor
Bride’s Wedding Band : Vogue Jewellers
Groom’s Wedding Band : Vogue Jewellers
Groom Prep Location – Mount Lavinia Hotel
Bridal Saree : Dhanaji Jayakody Luxury Designs
Lingerie : Triumph
Shoes : Charles & keith
Earrings : Lalitha Jewellery
Hair : Brides By Leena
Makeup : Brides By Leena
Suit & Shirt - Raheems
Bow Tie – N/A
Shirt Studs/Cufflinks - Amberry
Shoes - Saffans