● Your initial meet. How did it happen?
We met on a flight to Houston 7 years ago. We are both flying for Emirates and he was the Co-pilot on that flight to Huston and I was the cabin crew supervisor in Economy class Cabin. This was 7 years ago on the 16th of July.
● Who made the first move? How?
He did. He sent me an email asking me out on a date after the flight. He said he tried to talk to me during the flight to Houston but I was too busy during the flight. So he came up with a plan B.
● What was your first impression about your spouse?
Kind, friendly and had the cutest smile.
● In what ways are you most alike?
We are both very organized people. We both make time for our friends and we don’t like to be in each other’s face all the time. We both respect each other’s space and I think that is key for a healthy marriage.
● What's your most memorable date? Why?
Our 3rd date. He cooked for me his favorite homemade quiche along with carrot and ginger soup.
● Three things you love and hate about your partner.
I love everything about him. Hate is a big word I don’t hate anything about him, Maybe little things here and there could be a little bit annoying about him which can be forgiven very easily.
● How did the proposal happen?
He proposed to me in front of my family at a family lunch I thought that was really brave of him.
● If the proposal was a surprise, on a scale of 10 how well did it go?
Yes, it was. We were talking about it of course but I had no idea when and where he got the ring and how he managed to hide it. He told me it was in the House for 3 months and he was waiting for the right moment he also said that Benji our cat was protecting it for all that time and that was so cute.
● What are you most looking forward to as Mr. and Mrs.?
To be there for each other through sickness and health. Love and support each other no matter what happens. And last but not least we are also looking forward to grow as a family with children, We can’t wait.
● Most memorable moment from your wedding?
There were many. One thing that really touched me was how he (groom) thanked my mom for bringing me up without a father, He thanked her for the women I am today. It was really touching and emotional.
● If you could describe your wedding day using one word, what would it be?
● What's been the most fun detail of your wedding to plan?
Bride’s Squad group dance.
● What's been the most difficult detail of your wedding to agree upon?
Nothing. He planned the wedding in Germany and I planned the wedding in Sri Lanka. There was absolutely nothing we didn’t agree on.
● Where did you go for your honeymoon?
We had only few leave days. We had two weddings in two countries. It was a holiday and a trip in its self with all our friends and family. We are planning to go on a getaway this September providing I get some leave. We plan to go to Mexico.
● What is your idea of, “and they lived happily ever after”?
Love and support each other no matter what life throws in our way.
● What Has Surprised You The Most During The First Few Weeks/Months Of Being Married?
Nothing we are the same people and I really hope nothing changes. Apart from sharing space with each other.
● Who’s Good At Forgetting And Better At Forgiving?
Both Me. For sure.
CONTRIBUTING VENDORS Germany and Sri Lanka
Photographer - Geeshan Bandara both germany and Sri Lanka .
Event Planner / Stylist - The agency asia Ltd, Mr and Mrs. Panitz
Florist - Lassana flora , Mrs. Monika Panitz
Invitation Design - Jan Hendrik Panitz ( groom )
Placecards - VG printers
Ceremony Venue - Hietlinger Hoff Germany
Reception Venue - Villas Vadduwa
Signage - Germany Ubstat mayors office
Entertainment - DJ Niraj Ridrigo, Yuwanthaka Thenuwara, Magic Box mix up
Bride’s Wedding Band - Tiffany’s
Groom’s Wedding Band - Tiffany’s
Guest Book - Weddings by Tatiana lee
Bridal Gown - Julia Sandrasagra
Bridal Boutique - Lassana flora and Monika Panitz
Lingerie / Bridal robes - Swara by Theja jayawardane
Shoes - Steve maiden
Hair - Jamie sandrasagra and Nuwan Wijethunge
Makeup - Jamie sandrasagra
Bridesmaid Dresses - Julia sandrasagra
Bridal saree - Sabyasacchi Mukarjee colab with aslam Hussein
Maid of honor saree - Aslam Hussein
Flower girl dresses - Aslam Hussein and Julia Sandrasagra
Suit & Shirt - Stitched the custom tailor, Viva style house bespoken
Groomsmen Suits - same as above